Sunday, November 08, 2009

Three small paintings...

Click on images to enlarge detail...

Lavender Fields, 10 x 10, acrylic on panel, $125.

It's been a busy - and good week! Sold three pieces at the Sautee-Nacoochee Gallery within the first couple of days. None of them were among the three here, but these are also in that show.

Deep Dusk, 10 x 12 (framed), acrylic on panel, $125.

Each of these captures a certain mood - a time and place less of this world than that of the dreamer. In Deep Dusk, I left the panel as a "mat" around the very small painting. I liked the tones of the wood grain with the background's gold and purple tones. I happened to have the perfect frame in my stash - and voila!

Deep Dusk, sans "mat" and frame...

Heading Downstream, 7 x 12, acrylic on painted door panel, $85. (sold)

I received a new commission - a cat portrait for an artist friend's family. He saw the large one I just finished for a client and thought it would make a neat and unique Christmas gift. Hoo-rah. I'll do that one this week.

Here's a photo of the commission I finished and delivered last week. That's Tippy on the Windowsill, 36 x 48, acrylic on canvas. The client will be placing this above a large bookcase on a windowless wall, thus a faux window, complete with cat and everlasting plants. I have two more commissions from the same client: her two dogs, and then a portrait of their three horses. I really enjoy doing animal portraits - as opposed to those of the human variety... unless of course I can paint the sitter as I please - rather than to please...

8 comments:

Kathi said...

Congratulations on you sales! I love Deep Dusk and the frame you've chosen is perfect!

M said...

I love the lavender fields. I painted one of my first landscapes in France and every time I see lavender I am transported back to that magical time. Congrats on the sales. That is always a plus in an artist's week.

Roy said...

Cool! It sounds like things are picking up. Good work!

Unknown said...

You've been a busy gal! One of these days, I'd like to be able to say I sold one piece from a show and you got a triple header! Congrats!

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

Congrats on the sales! I like Lavendar Fields very much.

Shayla said...

When I saw those lavender fields in my blogroll, I had to come see. Just beautiful. I also love that kitty portrait especially. It feels so "home".

Jeane Myers said...

congratulations Patrice and I agree with Shayla - love the lavender field and the kitty pic is wonderful

DJ said...

You go girl.
Keep on keepin' on.
That painted door panel is a thing of beauty. Whoot!