Friday, November 13, 2009

Lavender again...

Lavender Tangles, 16 x 20, acrylic on canvas

I'm never painting another complicated tree again... until the next time. I had to make a grid out of string because I kept getting lost. The string thing worked well though - only had to scoot the string aside to join up the 2 x 3 grid squares as I finished them. I now have some lovely painted string, too, as I didn't always scoot in a timely mannner.

Actually, though the tree was a challenge, the entire rest of the painting was repainted at least twice. For me, the original design was just too busy, and believe it or not, this is the pared-down version. Some of my artist friends said "It doesn't look like your paintings" or "where is all the empty space"? I still think it's too busy- too much competition with the tree. I'll take it with me on the Arts Tour tomorrow, and perhaps make some changes.

5 comments:

Roy said...

Huh! If that's busy, then Nature is downright overcrowded! Compared to some meadows I hang out in in the Summer, that painting is Zen-like in its simplicity. I like it!

Unknown said...

I LOVE it! It's so enchanted and peaceful. I don't think it's too busy at all.

DJ said...

Patrice, this is beautiful!
Tell your friends that if it came from your hand, then it IS your style...
Hugs!

Shayla said...

More lavender luring me here. It's beautiful. I love too the lighting of the painting in your last post. Quite magical.

Anonymous said...

I think it's wonderful! Not busy, just rich with sensations.
I'm sorry I missed the tour yesterday. I ended up with people coming to get sheep.