Monday, February 16, 2009

More finished, nearly done, almost...



Today I worked on "The Guest" (which is what I've titled the large Everglades painting) all day at my make-up day at the Heritage Center. It was interesting to go there on a different day from my regular Wednesday gig as there's a completely different group of artists on Mondays - all clay artists - who nevertheless had a field day giving me good-natured advice and opinions as to how I should finish. As it was a holiday for most, we had quite a few visitors, too, so rest assured I've had plenty of feedback. I enjoyed the repartee - and of course took it all in - but went on in my own way.

And last night after posting the drawing and photo of the newest Bird/Wind painting, I made several changes and here is the final version of Early Warning. The bill of the blackbird was too close to the far wing, and I made several color adjustments in the clouds. It looks " finished" to me now - and closer in spirit and energy to the original drawing.

11 comments:

Mrs Mac said...

These are stunning, really good.
I've enjoyed exploring your blogs and I really like the look of your wee pusscat, too!

Marcy said...

As you've had plenty of feedback, I'll just say: I like it.

:^)

Kim said...

lovely..lovely works Partrice...
your blog is now listed in the Top Artists Directory....
you will find a selection of codes for badges there too :)
enjoy your week :)
cheers Kim

Dean H. said...

Hi Patrice! Great looking art! I'm a fan of crows...birds...animals in general. I've been busy checking out your blogs. I will include you in my links.

M said...

I enjoyed seeing your work today, but at the same time it made me a little sad. My long time friend, who loves to paint birds, has moved to the opposite side of Canada to be near family. Your first image reminded me of her work. I am always fascinated by the variety in content of artwork and why people choose to focus on what they do. While I enjoy wildlife of every kind, it would never come to my mind to paint it. It's a good thing we are not all the same or we would have a very boring collection of art images in the world.

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Hi Patrice: I love nature and I admire your skills in painting it so beautifully. Most of all I love your comment in your profile "I love this life." What could be beter than that?!

artfulzebra said...

Fabulous paintings, Patrice, have really enjoyed looking at your blog! ;o) Thanks for your comment on mine too!

Stephen Dell'Aria said...

Hello Patrice, I came across your blog through David King's blog. I really like your work, espcially the everglades painting. I look forward to following.

artbyjune said...

I love the action in the windy-bird painting very much.

Unknown said...

These are stunning!

Anonymous said...

I love your bird/tornado piece. It resonates with me on a deep level that hard to explain. It speaks to me of an outcry and/or objection to what's coming/what can't be stopped.

medicated lady